Ace Race Disc Golf Tournament
Resident Total: 30.00 / Non-Resident Total: 30.00
Add to Cart Return to Results
Location: Ferns Park
Fee (Resident/Non-Resident): 30.00 / 30.00
Start Date: 10/06/2018
End Date: 10/06/2018
Sa: 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM
Registration Period: 3/26/2018 12:00:00 AM - 9/21/2018 11:30:00 PM
Age: 6 - 999
Class Capacity: 1 - 50
Waitlist Count: 0
This national event returns to Woodland’s Ferns Park! Each year, disc golfers from around the world gather at their local courses for one purpose: to throw aces! To add to the challenge and excitement, players all throw the same model disc: a brand new, never-seen-before Discraft® prototype disc that is introduced each year especially for Ace Race. Register by Friday September 21! Check out discgolfacerace.com for more information.
Ferns Park, one of northern California's first disc golf courses, will be transformed into a course perfect for the Ace Race disc. Holes range from 30' to 210', all mixed together to produce creative and fun shots. Everyone gets one shot per hole to score an ace. The winner is the player who scores the most aces. The tiebreaker is the player with the most "metals," or throws that touched some part of the basket.
For 2018, there will be several divisions offered:
"Open" category competes for the grand prize provided by Discraft®, anybody can enter.
"Amateur" category competes for a smaller prize provided by our event partners and sponsors, perfect for first-time or novice players.
"Youth" category competes for a prize similar to the Amateur division, and is available to players 17 and under.
There are also opportunities for everyone to win additional prizes in the Field Game portion, immediately following the tournament.
9:00 am: Check-in & practice
9:45 am: Player meeting & group photo
10:00 am: Tee off
Waiver of Liability, Medical Release, and Indemnification Agreement for Minor and Adult Participant
In consideration for myself and my minor child(ren) being permitted by the said City to participate in the above listed activity each of us hereby waives, releases, and discharges any and all claims for damages for personal injury, death, or property damage me or my minor child(ren) may sustain or which may occur as a result of my or my minor child(ren)’s participation in said activity. I understand and agree that:
1. This release is intended to discharge in advance the said City (its officers, employees, agents, or partners) from and against any and all liability arising out of or connected in any way with the participation of me or my minor child(ren) in said activity, even though that liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of said City (or its officers, employees, agents or partners).
2. Each of us understands that the described activity may be of a hazardous nature and/or include physical and/or strenuous exercise or activity;
3. That serious accidents occasionally occur during the above-described activity; and that participants in the described activity occasionally sustain mortal or personal injuries and/or property damages as a consequence thereof;
4. Knowing the risks involved, nevertheless each of us agrees to assume all risks of injury and to release and hold harmless the said City (its officers, employees, agents, or partners) who through negligence or carelessness might otherwise be liable to me or my minor child(ren). It is further understood that this waiver, release and assumption of risk is to be binding on the heirs and assigns of the undersigned.
5. Each of us further agrees to indemnify and to hold the said City (its officers, employees, and agents) free and harmless from any loss, liability, damage, cost or expense which they may incur as a result of any injury and/or property damage which myself or my minor child(ren) may sustain while participating in said activity.
6. I certify that I have custody or am the legal guardian of said minor by court order.
7. I further agree to reimburse or make good any loss or damage cost that said City (its officers, employees, agents, or partners) may have to pay if any litigation arises on account of any claim made by myself or my minor child(ren) or by anyone on behalf of said minor.
8. I agree that in the event said minor requires medical or surgical treatment while under the supervision of said City's recreation personnel in connection with the described activity, such supervisor may authorize treatment.
9. I agree that in the event said minor requires urgent medical or surgical treatment while under the supervision of City, and the City is unable to reach me to authorize consent, City may authorize treatment. I further agree that City may provide limited non-invasive medical services (including, but not limited to, application of bandages or ice/heat) to said minor without requiring my authorization.
10. I expressly permit said minor child to travel by private automobile to activities and events related to the described activity.
11. Activities are not child care as defined by the State of California.
12. I give consent to the City Woodland to photograph or videotape me or my minor child(ren). I understand the pictures or video may be included in the promotion of all City programs.
13. I give consent to the City of Woodland to send me text messages. Standard message and data rates apply. Reply STOP to stop. Reply HELP for help.