Solid Waste & Recycling
Every city and county in California is required to divert 50% of their waste from going to the landfill or face fines of up to $10,000 per day. Woodland has exceeded that goal by diverting 53% of its waste in 2018, and we strive to reach California’s new diversion goal of 75% by 2020. By reducing waste, reusing materials, recycling, and composting, Woodland is making way to a sustainable future.
Important Service Announcement
Due to a shortage of drivers related to COVID-19 quarantine measures, green waste street pile pickups for residents and street sweeping will occur bi-weekly (every other week) until the end of January. Cart collections and all other services remain uninterrupted. Click on the image on the right for a map of the new weekly schedule or click here to view/download the collection calendar for your specific address.
New Waste Wizard & Collection Calendar Tool
Ever wonder if a certain item is accepted for recycling? Use the new Waste Wizard tool to search for items to find out which cart, recycling center, or drop-off location it is accepted for recycling or disposal.
Also, find out when your next collection day is for cart service, street sweeping, and green waste street piles with the new Collection Calendar tool. Never miss a pickup again by setting up a collection reminder or by printing or downloading your schedule.
Click on the image above to use the new Waste Wizard & Collection Calendar tool!
The 2021 Recycling Calendar is Here!
- House of Shah - 538 Main St
- Sawyer's Sweet Spot - 528 Main St
- Zest West Pastry - 512 Main St
- Kulture - 526 Main St
- Las Brasas - 537 Main St
- Woodland Public Library (curbside pick-up only) - 250 1st St
More locations coming soon!
Commercial Recycling & Organics Recycling Requirements
According to a 2008 waste characterization study, the commercial sector generates nearly three quarters of the solid waste in California. In an effort to increase recovery of recyclable and compostable material, and reduce greenhouse (GHG) emissions from materials being sent to landfills, AB 341 and AB 1826 were passed requiring commercial diversion programs. Find out if your business or multi-family property are subject to these requirements.
- AB 341: Mandatory Commercial Recycling (MCR) Program
- AB 1826: Mandatory Commercial Organics Recycling (MORe) Program
- Free commercial recycling bins
Residential Waste & Recycling
Waste, recycling and organics recycling services are provided by Waste Management on a weekly basis. Click below for information on how to make the most of your services and help Woodland go green through waste reduction and recycling.
- 2021 Recycle Calendar (PDF) - Annual calendar with recycling resources
- Recycle Flyer (PDF)- Graphic flyer of items accepted in recycling carts
- Organics Flyer (PDF)- Graphic flyer of items accepted in organics (green waste) carts
- WoodlandRecycles.com - Waste Management’s website with local service information, including the contamination and overage surcharges